The Business Technology program provides students with the opportunity to achieve marketable skills and the knowledge necessary to succeed in a business occupation. The curriculum is provided for those individuals who desire to train, retrain, or upgrade their skills for an occupation in a business environment. All students should have the opportunity to develop to their highest potential in the best learning environment possible through guidance and instruction by a well-trained staff and hands-on applications using equipment which duplicates, as nearly as possible, equipment found in business offices.
Upon successful completion of this Certificate of Proficiency, students will be able to:
1. Setup and maintain small business accounting records.
2. Properly record and determine necessary contra accounts, depreciation, accruals and deferrals.
3. Properly record and determine job and process cost accounting records.
4. Setup and maintain payroll records and forms.
5. Plan, prepare, and file individual income tax requirements.
The Certificates of Proficiency are not designed to be a student’s major area of study.
These courses are offered in alternating Fall and Spring Semesters and some have
prerequisites that must be completed before taking the course. The Certificates are
designed as a focus of students in the AAS-Business Technology degree plan. The student would be able to earn a certificate within the AAS-BT degree.