CP Banking and Finance
The Business Technology program provides students with the opportunity to achieve marketable skills and the knowledge necessary to succeed in a business occupation. The curriculum is provided for those individuals who desire to train, retrain, or upgrade their skills for an occupation in a business environment. All students should have the opportunity to develop to their highest potential in the best learning environment possible through guidance and instruction by a well-trained staff and hands-on applications using equipment which duplicates, as nearly as possible, equipment found in business offices.
Upon successful completion of this Certificate of Proficiency students will be able to:
1. Work within banking laws and regulations when working with customers to deposit and provide services.
2. Perform lending functions using correct processes and regulations.
3. Build and maintain legal and ethical customer relationships.
4. Use basic computer software applications for word processing and electronic spreadsheets.
5. Plan individual financial budgets and prepare for future personal financial requirements.
The Certificates of Proficiency are not designed to be a student’s major area of study.
These courses are offered in alternating Fall and Spring Semesters and some have
prerequisites that must be completed before taking the course. The Certificates are
designed as a focus of students in the AAS-Business Technology degree plan. The student would
be able to earn a certificate within the AAS-BT degree.
All of the courses listed below
BANK1013 Principles of Banking3
BANK2013 Law & Banking: Principles3
CIS2353 Electronic Spreadsheet3
CPSI1003 Intro. to Computer Applications3
IST2713 Computer Ethics and Security3
MGMT2603 Financial Planning3