Creative Writing Course at Ozarka College - Mountain View
Published on December 5, 2018
Ozarka College in Mountain View will host a creative writing course in the Spring of 2019. Course Instructor: Ozarka College English Faculty, Maegon Mayes, M.A. The class will be held Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 3:20 p.m. Classes begin on January 14th.
Non-degree seeking students are welcome; regular tuition rates apply.
Age 60+ are exempt from paying tuition. Seating is limited and registration is required.
For more information or to register, please contact Ozarka College - Mountain View by phone: 870.269.5600 or email: email@example.com
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Demonstrate knowledge of writing theories in the genres of poetry and fiction
· Write open and closed forms of poetry
· Write fiction to develop style, plot, character, setting, and theme
· Demonstrate knowledge of the process-driven techniques of well-known authors within the genres of poetry and fiction
· Create an original, student portfolio that includes a combination of fiction and poetry
· Write and send an appropriate letter of inquiry in an effort to secure publication of writing