- Department Home
- Academic Advising
- Academic Alerts: What are they?
- Accuplacer Test Preparation
- Algebra/Math Helps
- Allied Health Study Helps
- Attitudes for Success
- Career Research and Planning
- Community Resource Guides
- Degree Exploration
- English/Writing Helps
- Explore Degrees and Careers
- Healthy Relationships
- Improve Note Taking
- Improve Study Skills
- Improve Test Taking
- Improve Writing Skills
- Job Search Advice and Resources
- Math Helps
- Non-traditional Degrees & Careers
- Online Classes: Tips for Success
- Overcoming Learning Disabilities
- Overcoming Obstacles to Success
- Plagiarism: What it is/ How to Avoid it
- Pre-LPN Helps
- Research Paper Style Guides
- Seconds to Success
- Self Assessments
- Student Skills Notebook Inserts
- Tutoring Videos
- What to Expect from a Tutor
- What You Need to Succeed!
What to Expect from a Tutor (and some GREAT online tutor resources!)
The Ozarka College Student Success Center provides FREE tutoring on all 4 campuses.
ALL students can benefit from tutoring. Tutoring is NOT for dummies, but for any student who has hit a trouble spot in a course that someone who has "been there and done that" can help them overcome.
If you hit a road block in one of your classes, be sure to ask for help. And when you do, it will help you to know what to expect from working with a tutor. This document can help you understand what tutors can do for you. Then see page 2 for links to some GREAT online tutoring resources!