The Business Technology program provides students with the opportunity to achieve marketable skills and the knowledge necessary to succeed in a business occupation. The curriculum is provided for those individuals who desire to train, retrain, or upgrade their skills for an occupation in a business environment. All students should have the opportunity to develop to their highest potential in the best learning environment possible through guidance and instruction by a well-trained staff and hands-on applications using equipment which duplicates, as nearly as possible, equipment found in business offices.
Upon completion of the program, students will
- Prepare appropriate and accurate personal and business documents in word processing, electronic spreadsheet, database, and powerpoint software while using correct formatting, spelling and grammer.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing using correct language, grammer, spelling, and proofreading.
- Use computer applications and the Internet safely and ethically.
- Set up a simple manual accounting system for a small business.
- Apply and use basic mathematical calculations correctly.
- Identify rights and duties involving personal, legal, and community legal rights and requirements.
- Relate well with others in personal and business environment.
- Demonstrate a keyboarding skill of at least 30 wpm.
- Obtain employment relevant to training or be able to continue his/her education beyond the two-year degree.
NOTE: Students may pursue an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Technology with a focus proficiency certification in Banking and Finance, Business Computer Applications, or General Business Management. Students may earn any or all of the Certificates of Proficiency independently of the AAS degree.